Cervical Cancer Questions
Common questions about cervical cancer treatment include:
- What is the stage of my disease? Has the cancer spread? If so, where?
- What are my treatment choices? Which do you recommend for me?
- Will I have more than one kind of treatment?
- What are the expected benefits of each kind of treatment?
- What are the risks and possible side effects of each treatment?
- What can we do to control my side effects from treatment?
- How will treatment affect my normal activities?
- What can I do to take care of myself during treatment?
- How long will treatment last?
- Will I have to stay in the hospital?
- What is the treatment likely to cost? Does my insurance cover this treatment?
- How often should I have checkups?
- Would a clinical trial (research study) be appropriate for me?
Common questions asked prior to surgery include:
- What kind of operation will I have? Will my ovaries be removed?
- Do I need to have lymph nodes removed? Will other tissues be removed? Why?
- How will I feel after the operation?
- If I have pain, how will it be controlled?
- How long will I have to stay in the hospital?
- Will I experience any lasting side effects?
- If I don't have a hysterectomy, will I be able to get pregnant and have children?
- Is there increased risk of miscarriage?
- When will I be able to resume normal activities?
- How will the surgery affect my sex life?