Drug InteractionsGardasil can potentially interact with a number of medicines (see Gardasil Drug Interactions for more information).
What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider Before Taking Gardasil?Prior to taking Gardasil, talk with your healthcare provider if you have:
- A fever or are feeling ill
- A bleeding disorder, such as hemophilia or thrombocytopenia
- A poorly functioning immune system (such as with HIV, AIDS, or cancer)
- Any allergies, including allergies to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you are:
- Taking anticoagulants ("blood thinners")
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Gardasil and Pregnancy)
Also, tell your healthcare provider about all of the medicines you take, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
(Click Gardasil Precautions and Warnings for more information, including information on who should not get the vaccine.)